We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Pillsbury Pie Crust
box (14.1 oz) Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crust
cups canned apple pie filling
Preheat oven to 425° F. Unroll the pie crust and use a cookie cutter to cut out three 1/2 inch circles in the crusts. Each crust should yield six circles.
Press dough into muffin tins.
Dump the pie filling onto a cutting board and give it a rough chop to make the pieces bite sized. Add to a mixing bowl.
Place Snickers™ on the cutting board and cut each one in half. Add Snickers™ to pie filling and stir to combine.
Fill each crust with the pie filling.
Bake for 12 minutes or until crust is golden.
Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes before using a butter knife to gently lift the pie crusts from the muffin tin.
- Top with ice cream, whipped cream, or caramel sauce for a fun twist!
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
More About This Recipe
- We all know that there is nothing as American as apple pie, but what if we Americanized it just a bit more?You know, just for fun. Because we can. Because we should. Because America wants us to, you guys. We’re going to make our pie handheld, so that we can eat it on the go. Because everyone needs pie on the go. We’re also going to add candy bars to our pie. I mean, do I even need to explain myself for this one? I didn’t think so.And, of course, we’re going to make this a three-ingredient recipe, because ain’t nobody got time for complicated recipes this summer. Much more important to spend our time noshing on apple pie cups while laying around the pool soaking up the sun.Let’s do this. You need pie crust, apple pie filling, and Snickers bite-sized candy bars. You’re also going to want a muffin tin. And, if you’re feeling fancy, grab a jar of caramel sauce for drizzling over the finished pies.Oh, and maybe consider topping these with some ice cream or whipped cream? Just for funsies.
Mini Apple Pie Wonton Cups
When you’re pressed for time to make dessert for a crowd, try Mini Apple Pie for a fabulous quick fix bites! Apple pie filling in crispy baked cups made of wonton wrappers. You can make a whole tray of these in just over 15 minutes. Great to make ahead and assemble just prior to serving.
Whenever I go to the Asian grocery store, I have a list of pantry essentials that I regularly stock up on and wonton wrappers are always on the list. They freeze really well and not only are they great for making….ummm, well, wontons…..they are actually really versatile to use for other bite size goodies. I’ve used them for mini triangles, faux mini cannoli and most commonly, to make little cups for sweet and savoury fillings.
“You can make a whole tray of these in just over 15 minutes. Start to finish.”
I’ve previously shared my Caesar Salad Wonton Cups which is one example of a savoury treat you can make with wonton cups. And these mini Apple Pies are an example of a sweet treat.
These can be made using a frozen pastry instead of wonton wrappers. The big difference is that you save yourself the time cutting out pastry rounds because the wonton wrappers are the perfect size for making cups using muffin trays. They only take 10 to 15 minutes to bake golden brown and crispy (with the help of a quick spray of oil) and while it is baking, you can make the pie filling which makes these little treats you can make in just over 15 minutes, start to finish. (Tip: To make these even faster, you can use canned Apple Pie filling).
“These are great make ahead. The wonton cups stay fresh for days and the filling and cream can be made the day before.”
The other great thing about these little treats is that you can prepare all the elements in advance and assemble it just prior to serving. The wonton cups can be stored for a couple of days in an airtight container, and the Apple Pie Filling can be made the day before, as can the cream. To assemble, all you have to do is reheat the Apple Pie Filling in the microwave until warm (not hot), then scoop it into the cups and top with cream.
I was inspired to make Apple Pie because my friend Meggan from Culinary Hill has been on a mission to create the ultimate Apple Pie. While I empathise, hearing about her trials and tribulations to create the perfect Apple Pie, it’s also the reason why I know I can trust recipes I get from her blog. Meggan, we appreciate your efforts and can’t wait to see your Apple Pie!
Oh, and before I forget, each of these little beauties are only 140 calories. But I don’t want to promote how low cal these are because there is no way anyone will stop at just one!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2 tbsp milk dairy or non-dairy
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, honey or agave
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup ground oats or oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 small apple, thinly sliced
Homemade apple pie filling:
- 4 medium-sized apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch or cornstarch
- 1/4 cup date paste
When it comes to apple pie, it seems nothing can compare to the classic. Not all occasions call for an apple pie. Sometimes we crave it, but do not want the hassle of making a full pie. Instead, this recipe uses a sugar cookie cup filled with apple pie filling as a quick and easy way to get you apple pie fix. They feature all the flavors we crave in an apple pie.
Made with a simple sugar cookie dough and apple pie filling, you can whip them up any time. Top these apple pie sugar cookie cups with whipped cream, ice cream, icing drizzle or even caramel! Either way they will satisfy your apple pie craving and have you thinking of fall.
Here is how to our applie pie sugar cookie cups
Press sugar cookie mixture into muffin tin.
Prebake sugar cookie cups for 5 minutes. Fill each cup with chunky applesauce (preferable homemade)
Return the pan to the oven and continue baking until sugar cookie cups are golden brown and set up- about 10 minutes. Allow to cool and top with whipped cream.
Try this perfect fall cookie :
Unbelievably Good Shredded Apple Pie
This is a super easy, tender, delicious, sweet Shredded Apple Pie with a rich taste and fantastic texture. This pie consists of a crispy pie crust, shredded apples, and creamy batter. Usually, all apple pies seem similar to each other, but this Shredded Apple Pie is not at all like the other apple pies I know.
How to make Shredded Apple Pie
Follow the recipe below, and make sure to read through the frequently asked questions and pro tips to bake the Best Shredded Apple Pie.
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Peel and core three Honeycrisp apples. Then, grate apples using a cheese grater. You can also use Granny Smith, Rome, Jonagold, and other apples for this recipe.
- Step 2. Add 1 ½ cups of granulated sugar, ½ cup of softened butter, 2 large eggs, 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour, 2 tsp of vanilla extract, 1 tsp of ground cinnamon, and a pinch of salt to the mixing bowl.
- Step 4. Add shredded Honeycrisp apples to the batter. Mix using a spatula until combined.
- Step 5. Place the pie crust in a pie pan. Pour the apple filling mixture to the prepared pie crust. Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until filling is set and the pie crust is golden. Remove Shredded Apple Pie from the oven. Let it cool completely before cutting.
- This Shredded Apple Pie can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days or in the freezer for up to four months.
- You can use Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, Rome, and Jonagold apples for this Shredded Apple Pie.
- Don&rsquot shred apples in advance, they may darken.
What are the best apples for Shredded Apple Pie?
The best apples for Shredded Apple Pie are Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, Rome, and Jonagold apples. For this recipe, you will need three Honeycrisp apples because they are firm and sweet.
Why is my Shredded Apple Pie runny?
There are several reasons why your Shredded Apple Pie might be runny. First, if you undercooked Shredded Apple Pie.
You should bake this Shredded Apple Pie in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until filling is set.
Second, your Shredded Apple Pie might be runny if you didn&rsquot let the pie cool completely before cutting. As the pie cools, the apple filling will thicken a little. You can also pre-bake the pie crust to prevent a soggy crust.
What to serve with Shredded apple pie
I like to serve this crispy, flavorful, tender, and moist Shredded Apple Pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or iced coffee, caramel sauce, or whipped cream. These combinations taste amazing! Would you like to try this pie?
Freeze Shredded Apple Pie
Yes, you can freeze this Shredded Apple Pie. You can freeze the whole pie or leftover Shredded Apple Pie. Let the pie cool completely after baking.
Then, place it in a freezer bag or wrap it with plastic wrap. This Shredded Apple Pie can be stored in a freezer for up to four months.