We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Mix the butter with the powdered sugar until it becomes creamy.
Add the egg and incorporate it then add water and flour. Homogenize the composition and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Put the dough on the floured work surface, knead lightly until it becomes malleable and spread a sheet. We cut 6 circles with the help of a shape.
We spread the dough and cut circles that we will place in the tart shapes and we will press them with our fingers. It is not necessary to grease the forms beforehand.
Put in the oven (preheated) and let them brown just enough, very lightly. Be careful if you leave them longer they will become very strong!
Wash the plums, remove the seeds and cut them into cubes. We put them in a bowl together with the sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Be careful not to put more than a tablespoon of sugar, the filling must be slightly sour, to contrast nicely with the fairly sweet meringue.
Leave it on the fire until it gets the consistency of a thick sauce. Pour the hot filling into the tart shells.
Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt and lemon juice then gradually add the sugar until you get a hard and shiny meringue.
Put the meringue in a bowl and make small lumps on the entire surface of the tart.
We use a gas gun to give the meringue a beautiful, marbled look. be careful, keep the gun at a distance, if you bring it too close the meringue will burn easily. If you do not have a gas gun you can put the tarts in the oven at the top and use the grill function of the stove. If you don't have a grill, simply put them in the oven until the meringue turns golden on top.
Put them in the fridge for at least 30 minutes then serve.
Marco cake with plums, chocolate and Italian meringue
After the plum tart came the turn of chocolate cake, plum, sticky topping and creamy Italian meringue with lime taste.
This cake came quickly before, I was at work with my colleagues and I had a craving for sweets and who would make sweets, if not me ?! :))
We took Marco, a wonderful child, hardworking and very respectful and we got to work, we started thinking about what to do and how we have almost everything in the kitchen, we said to make a Brownies or chocolate tart , plums and almonds!
But as the calculation at home doesn't quite match the one at the fair, we lacked the almond flour, so the plans were a bit upside down and I said to do a test to try to make a cake with the ingredients they have. we also have to put them in sight, but at the same time to weigh them and if something good comes out, let's make a recipe, and that's how the chocolate cake, plums and Italian meringue with lime appeared.
That's why I decided to name my student, trying to motivate him further!
- 250 g butter at room temperature
- 250 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 175 g flour
- 50 good quality cocoa
- 100 g chocolate with 70% coarsely chopped cocoa
- 7.5 g baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
- 150 g of Greek yogurt with 10% fat
- 350-400 g plums halves
Ingredients for topping:
- 150 g pitted plums
- 70 g caster sugar
- 50 ml of water
- Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Ingredients for meringue:
- 50 g of egg whites
- A pinch of salt
- 100 g caster sugar
- Juice from 1-1 and a half depending on how sour you want it or depends on the amount of juice obtained
Method of preparation:
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
Beat the butter with the sugar and vanilla extract until foamy. Incorporate the eggs one by one into the butter composition, mixing gently.
Add the vanilla extract, Greek yogurt and lightly incorporate them with a spatula.
Don't beat them too much that they will separate.
Incorporate the dry ingredients in the wet ones and mix with a spatula.
Pour the composition into an oven tray lined with baking paper and level it. Put the plums on top with the hole up and lightly press them towards the bottom of the tray. Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons of sugar on top.
Bake for 28-30 minutes or until the toothpick test passes.
Preparation for plum puree:
While the cake is in the oven, put the plums with the sugar, water and cinnamon to simmer until it softens well and binds, about 8-10 minutes.
Using a vertical blender, mix the composition until you get a fine and homogeneous sauce.
After the cake is baked, pour the plum puree hot, level it and let it cool. We portion according to how big we like the slices.
Preparation for meringue:
Put the sugar with the lime juice in a saucepan and let it simmer until the sugar melts.
In a low-fat bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they leave slight marks on the surface. Gradually pour the hot sugar syrup and beat until cool.
Put the meringue in a bag with a shapeless sprig and form a hazelnut on top of the slices of cake. With the help of a gas lamp we burn the meringue and we are ready to serve!
PREPARATION OF TART DOUGH for Tart with cherries and meringue with almonds
For the dough, mix the flour with the salt powder, sugar and vanilla and add the diced cold butter and knead either manually (with a blunt kitchen knife) or with a food processor.
DO NOT mix by hand because the butter will heat up. DO NOT knead on the worktop because the flour gluten recipe develops and the dough becomes hard! We want a crumbly and fragile dough. Add the yolks and grated lemon peel and mix everything until you get a compact dough.
If the dough is too crumbly, you can add a tablespoon of cold water. The dough thus obtained is placed in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, wrapped in plastic wrap.
Plum and meringue cake & # 8211 an aromatic dessert, easy to prepare
The plum and meringue cake is very fragrant. I really like this dessert, so I highly recommend it. The recipe is explained step by step in the lines below.
- 480 gr wheat flour, 120 gr powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, 250 gr cold butter
- 5 yolks, 1 tablespoon cocoa
Ingredients for the filling:
Ingredients for meringue:
Method of preparation:
We prepare the dough. Pour the flour into a bowl, add the powdered sugar and baking powder and mix with a spoon.
Put the butter on a large grater and add it to the flour bowl. Add the yolks, one at a time, and knead the dough with your hands or with a hook mixer.
Divide the dough into two equal parts. We wrapped each piece of dough in cling film. Put the two pieces of dough in the fridge for about 40 minutes.
Wallpaper a rectangular tray (25 x 35 cm) with baking paper. Take a piece of dough out of the fridge and place it on the worktop sprinkled with flour. Spread the dough with a rolling pin so as to obtain a sheet the size of a baking tray.
Put the dough in the pan. Cut the plums in half or quarters (depending on how big they are) and peel them in the dough. Take the second piece of dough out of the fridge and divide it into two unequal parts. Add cocoa to the larger piece of dough and knead.
Break the cocoa dough into small pieces and put it over the plums. We wrap the other piece of dough in foil and put it back in the fridge.
Let's get ready. Put the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl. Beat with the mixer until you get a hard foam. Add the sugar, spoon by spoon, and continue to mix until the foam becomes shiny. Add the jelly and mix again.
Put the egg white foam with jelly over the cake in the pan. Take the last piece of dough out of the fridge and break it into small pieces. Place the pieces of dough over the meringue.
Put the tray in the preheated oven at 180 degrees (heating function up and down) and bake the cake for about 50 minutes. Then take it out of the oven and leave it to cool completely. We then cut it into slices and serve it. Good appetite!
Plum and meringue cake!
A great cake! Its top is delicious, moderately sweet, with lemon peel and coconut flakes, which gives it a special charm. In the middle is the juicy and sour layer of plums, which is ideally complemented by sweet meringue with almonds. A very intense taste! And the crispy crust deserves a separate story & # 8230 At first glance, the preparation process may seem complicated, but in fact, everything is very simple.
For the dough:
-5 g of baking powder (one teaspoon)
-a teaspoon of vanilla extract (or a sachet of vanilla sugar)
-grated peel of half a large lemon (about a teaspoon)
-20 g of coconut flakes (4 tablespoons)
-4 yolks (from eggs weighing 55-65 g at room temperature)
-100 ml of milk (at room temperature).
For the composition of plums:
-2-3 tablespoons of sugar (depending on the sweetness of the fruit)
-a teaspoon of vanilla extract (or a sachet of vanilla sugar)
-1-2 tablespoons of starch (preferably corn).
For almond meringue:
-5 ml of lemon juice (a teaspoon)
-a teaspoon of starch (preferably corn)
-60 g of almond flakes (or almond flour).
The volume of the glass used is 250 ml.
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Fry the flakes or almond flour on a dry pan or in the oven for a few minutes to brown. Thanks to this ingredient, the meringue acquires a pleasant taste and a crispier texture.
If you can't find flakes or almond flour, simply skip this step.
2. Carefully separate the egg whites from the yolks, so that no drop of the yolk reaches the egg whites (the yolks contain fat and prevent the egg whites from beating). It would be best to perform this step over a separate bowl, so as not to spoil all the egg whites in case of a mistake.
The bowl, in which you will beat the egg whites, must be ideally clean and dry. The same goes for goals. Additionally, you can degrease them by rubbing them with vinegar or a slice of lemon, then wash and dry them.
3.Prepare the dough: mix the sifted flour with the baking powder and salt.
4.Put the soft butter, sugar and vanilla extract / vanilla sugar in a deep bowl. Beat them with the mixer running at moderate speed for a few minutes, until they turn into a fluffy composition.
5. Gradually incorporate (2) the yolks in the butter composition, stirring each time until smooth.
6.Add grated lemon peel and coconut flakes (lemon peel can be added at the beginning, when beating the butter). Mix until completely incorporated (try not to omit these ingredients - without them the cake will not taste as interesting).
7. Add half of the flour. Mix a little, then incorporate the milk into the dough, mixing on low speed, so as not to spread the drops everywhere.
8. Add the remaining flour and mix until smooth, but not long, so that you do not get a hard, dry top. What may look like lumps of flour are, in fact, coconut flakes and grated lemon peel.
9. Transfer the dough obtained in a round tray, 22-23 cm in diameter, lined with baking paper (its use is mandatory, because plums release a lot of juice). Spread it evenly.
10. Bake the countertop for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven to 180 ° C. Check that it is ready by the toothpick test.
11.Prepare the filling: cut the plums into slices, removing the seeds. Mix them with caster sugar and vanilla extract / vanilla sugar (the filling should not be very sweet).
12. Add 1-2 tablespoons of starch to slightly thicken the juice released by the plums and mix. Do not use more starch, as a moderate amount of fruit juice must remain to penetrate the countertop.
It is important to use ripe plums. If they are more sour, you can partially peel them, because it is responsible for these taste notes. If you want, you can replace plums with other fruits: cherries, currants, etc.
13.Prepare the meringue: add a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of lemon juice (or white wine vinegar) to the egg whites to obtain a stable meringue. Start beating them with the mixer running at low speed, gradually increasing it to moderate. Mix them until they turn into a white, fluffy foam and until the soft tips appear.
14. Just after this, gradually add the powdered sugar (one teaspoon each). After you have incorporated all the powdered sugar, increase the speed of the mixer to the maximum and beat the meringue until the appearance of persistent peaks, during 10-15 minutes (it is important that the meringue does not spread).
Usually, the ratio between egg whites and sugar is 1: 2, ie 200 g of sugar is added to 100 g of egg whites. Do not reduce the amount of sugar much, because it influences the stability of the composition of egg whites. If you use commercially available powdered sugar, make sure it does not contain starch.
15.At the end add the sifted starch and mix a little.
16.Add the almond flakes (you can put them whole or crumble them a little with your hands) and mix carefully, using the spatula and making circular movements, oriented from bottom to top.
17.Assemble the cake: place the plums on the surface of the baking tray. If in the meantime they have released a lot of juice, add only part of it on the cake.
18. Then spread the meringue on the plum layer. Make swirls and unevenness on it with the help of a spoon.
19. Bake the cake for another 35 minutes in the preheated oven to 200 ° C (bottom-up program, no convection). The high temperature will contribute to the rapid coagulation of the meringue and the formation of red and crispy crust, and inside it will remain soft and airy like the soufflé.
If your oven burns hard and the meringue browns too quickly, you can move the tray to the lower middle shelf.
20. Allow the cake to cool for 20-30 minutes in the pan. Then carefully remove it from it, remove the baking paper around it and let it cool completely.
21. Transfer it to a plate. Portion and serve.
Although it is baked twice, the top of the cake does not burn and does not dry out, because the plum juice penetrates it. At the same time it does not get too wet. Everything is optimal!
Save this recipe! Experiment and prepare the cake with other fruits!
Plum and meringue tarts - Recipes
PLUM CAKE AND BEZEA
Cake with plums and meringue
I can't get enough of her
No matter how much I eat
And it's not just my opinion.
INGREDIENTS for the countertop
- 5 yolks
- 150 gr sugar
- 50 ml oil
- 100 ml of milk
- 150 gr of flour
- 1 sachet of baking powder
for the filling
WORK PLAN cake with plums and meringue
- put the plums on the fire with the sugar, plus 2-3 tablespoons of water. Boil for about 15 minutes. Let it cool.
- separate the egg whites from the yolks. Mix the yolks with the sugar with the help of the mixer, at low speed. Gradually add the oil, mixing at low speed (like mayonnaise). We also incorporate flour mixed with baking powder, alternating with milk
- put the composition in a tray (35 x 25 cm) covered with baking paperand put in the oven heated to 180 degrees for 20 minutes. Mix the egg whites with the sugar until you get a firm foam.
- Remove the tray from the oven, cover with the prunes (picture 5) and egg white foam.
- leave it in the oven for another 10-15 minutes at 170 degrees, until the meringue is browned on top
- The plum and meringue cake is good and warm and cold. Honestly, it hasn't really cooled down. # 8230 Worth a try. It is a cake that requires few and cheap ingredients but the result is delicious.
- good appetite!
VS1192X vacuum cleaner
Vacuum cleaner VS3190X-01
I return with praise because the cake is good and light and with it a photo-photo not very successful.
I prepared my version for this recipe in the sense that I did not use plums but I made a chocolate cream, I left it in the oven for 25 minutes, after which I added the meringue and I let the meringue dry for another 15 minutes. The cake turned out very good and I'm sure it would have turned out great with plums, but my captives don't like plums in cakes - however, thank you, the cake is wonderful.
delicious flavors (Chef de cuisine), October 10, 2012
Yes my dear, it really is a quick and tasty recipe! This fall I did it quite often with other fruits :) Pup
Plum and meringue tart
For the top: 3 egg yolks, 150 g butter, 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, grated lemon peel, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon baking powder, vanilla essence and approx. 200-250 g flour,, For the filling :, 600 g plums, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, 1 tablespoon semolina, 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs,, For meringue :, 3 egg whites, 6 tablespoons sugar, essence of vanilla
Difficulty: low | Time: 30 min