- 4 beets, peeled, cut into thick wedges
- 6 thick-cut bacon slices, chopped
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 large head of Bibb lettuce, coarsely torn
Cook beets in boiling salted water until tender, about 12 minutes; drain.
Meanwhile, sauté bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 3 1/2 tablespoons drippings from skillet. Add onion to skillet; sauté 3 minutes. Mix in next 4 ingredients, then beets. Simmer until dressing coats beets, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange lettuce on platter. Top with beets; sprinkle with bacon.