We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 3 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (such as Montrachet), room temperature
- 1/4 cup trimmed peeled chopped raw asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon minced lemon peel
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
Heat olive oil in heavy small skillet over medium heat. Add chopped shallot and sauté until beginning to soften, about 1 minute. Transfer to medium bowl. Mix in goat cheese, chopped asparagus, and lemon peel. Season filling to taste with salt and pepper.
Place sheet of plastic wrap on work surface. Using 1/5 of salmon, form 6x3-inch rectangle atop plastic, overlapping salmon slightly. Spoon 1/5 of filling along 1 long side of rectangle, leaving 1/2-inch plain border. Using plastic as aid, roll up salmon into tight log. Repeat with remaining salmon and filling, forming 4 more logs. Refrigerate logs until firm, about 2 hours or overnight.
Remove plastic from logs. Cut each log crosswise into 4 pieces. Arrange on platter and serve.