A sprinkling of sweetened coconut tempers the tangy lime filling.
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, husked
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 13 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks plus 1 tablespoon) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice (from about 8 large limes)
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
- 3/4 cup (packed) sweetened flaked coconut (about 3 ounces)
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Blend nuts and sugar in processor until nuts are finely ground. Add flour and salt; blend 5 seconds. Add butter and process until well blended. Press dough evenly onto bottom of 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan. Bake crust until golden brown, about 28 minutes; cool completely in pan on rack. Maintain oven temperature.
Whisk sugar and eggs in large bowl until well blended, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Whisk in lime juice, then flour and lime peel. Pour filling over crust in pan.
Bake lime bars 25 minutes (filling will not be fully set). Sprinkle coconut evenly over. Bake until filling is completely set, about 10 minutes longer.
Cool bars in pan on rack. Chill uncovered until cold, at least 2 hours.
DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and keep chilled.
Cut around pan sides to loosen bars; cut into 24 pieces. Using small spatula, transfer bars to platter; serve chilled.