We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- chop the onion and put it to harden in oil, and when it has become glassy, add the chopped pepper and cook for a few more minutes.
-after which add the broth
-and continue cooking. add the well drained and chopped eggplant and incorporate
-salt and pepper and keep on the fire for another 5-10 min.
Eggplant zacusca & # 8211 my mother's recipe & # 8211 preamble
Zacusca is a laborious work, consuming time and energy. I usually prepare it in 2 stages: in the evening I bake eggplant and capsicum (or donuts). I peel the eggplants and drain them overnight in plastic strainers (so that they do not oxidize). Place the baked peppers in trays or pots with lids, sprinkle with salt and let them sweat for 30 minutes before peeling. Then I take out their stalks and seeds and cut them into strips. I leave them overnight but not in a strainer but in a bowl (the juice left by them has a great taste and I put it all in the zacusca).
The next day I chop the eggplant, grind the baked peppers and onions and boil the zacustia. I prefer capsicums and donuts because they are much meatier and sweeter than white peppers. The latter also change the color of the zacustia, making it yellower, paler.
Eggplant zacusca is boiled in large, wide saucepans to have a large evaporation surface. Place the pan on a metal disk (not directly on the flame) and cook over low heat. Careful! Hot zacusca sprinkles very hard! It must be mixed constantly and energetically! Burns with hot zacusca are very serious!
I made zacusca from 6 kg of eggplant (double portion) and I got a huge pot (about 10 kg of zacusca, that is about 10 jars of 800 ml + a bowl for tasting). In the following I will give you the recipe for 3 kg of eggplant. All ingredients are weighed raw, before baking / cleaning!
They are best used homemade broth (recipe here) or homemade tomato juice (recipe here).
Now is the time to prepare it! The market abounds with eggplants and peppers, at very advantageous prices. The zacusca was always planted in late August or early September. The quantities are for raw, whole vegetables.
In winter you can make this wonderful eggplant zacusca from Baked or frozen peppers (recipe here) and ripe and frozen eggplants or put in a jar (recipe here).
If you have eggplants and peppers already baked and cleaned, you will have to take into account the fact that they are halved.
From the quantities below come out approx. 5 kg of eggplant zacusca with baked peppers. That is about 14 jars of 350 ml or 7 large jars of 700 ml.
- 3 kg raw eggplant
- 1.5 kg of capsicum or mixture with raw, whole donuts
- 0.5 kg of vegetables (2 carrots, 1 parsley, 1 parsnip, a small celery)
- 0.5 kg onions
- 500 ml of sunflower oil
- 1 L of tomato broth (or canned tomatoes)
- 4 teaspoons salt (put 3 and taste at the end)
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper (or berries) - I put ground
- 2 bay leaves
Boil eggplant zacusca & # 8211 my mother's recipe
I chose the largest pan in the house (special for zacusca) and I placed it on a metal disk (not directly on the fire), over medium to low heat.
- I poured in it the remaining oil (400 ml) and I put the grated onion to harden, with 2 teaspoons of salt. I left it to harden until it became glassy (I didn't fry it!)
- I put the ground capsicum in the pan. I brought the zacusca back to a boil over low heat. I stirred constantly.
- The hardened vegetables followed. I stirred again until the composition started to boil.
- I added the chopped eggplant and the broth.
Immediately after I put the eggplant and the broth I added the pepper, another 2 teaspoons of salt and the bay leaves.
From now on, the fun begins! Eggplant zacusca should boil for about 60 minutes on low heat. It splashes terribly, like a hot volcano. I sat and mixed it until I got bored. My mother also came to help me. She told me that the sign that the zacusca was ready was the appearance of oil on its surface. That is, small puddles of oil can be seen. Do not leave the zacusca unattended because you can paint your kitchen after that! I also read recipes where it said that you can cover the pan with a lid (half-open) and that you can mix in it occasionally, every 10 minutes. I tried this and after only 5 minutes my zacusca stuck to the bottom of the pot. I think it also depends on the type of pot & # 8230
I'll tell you how I did it: I mixed it for 60 minutes! That's what it looks like when it's ready. It has dropped a bit and it feels like it's done.
PONT & # 8211 you can boil eggplant zacusca and in the oven & # 8211 see here how to proceed!
Strictly necessary cookies must be activated at all times, so we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable these cookies, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that each time you visit this site you will have to enable or disable cookies again.
ZACUSCĂ DE GHEBE. The best ZACUSCĂ recipe! It will turn out delicious!
ZACUSCĂ DE GHEBE. The best ZACUSCĂ recipe! It will turn out delicious!
RECIPE ZACUSCA DE GHEBE. The housewives are already starting to prepare jam, jam and zacusca for the winter. If you want to try something new, prepare ZACUSCA DE GHEBE.
ZACUSCA DE GHEBE. Ingredient:
3 kg of ghebe
1 kg of onion
3 kg of bell peppers or baked donuts
1 L of tomato juice or 400-500g of broth
600-700 ml oil
ZACUSCA DE GHEBE. Method of preparation:
Remove the lower part of the nest. Wash in plenty of water until the sand, leaves, soil are removed from the ghebe. After they have been well chosen and washed, they will be boiled in salt water. During boiling, the foam they will form will be removed. After boiling, the ghebele is washed under running water in a sieve and then drained.
Peel an onion, chop it or grate it and put it in hot oil for a light tempering. When it starts to become glassy, add hot water and let it boil, stirring occasionally and taking care not to burn it. After the onion is well cooked, add the sliced baked pepper or put it through the mincer.
Mix well with onions, and after 1-2 minutes add a little hot water and let it boil until it drops and the oil starts to come out on the surface. It matches the salt. In the meantime, the well drained gables are passed through the mincer. Add over the peppers and onions, stirring well and almost continuously. Add the tomato juice, pepper and bay leaves.
Continue cooking, stirring constantly to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan. Zacusca is ready when the oil comes to the surface. Put in jars with lids, hot and cover well in beds until cool. Whoever wants can put the jars with zacusca in the oven until they form a crust on top.
How to prepare eggplant zacusca recipe:
& Icircbefore you actually start mixing the ingredients for zacusca recipe of eggplant, you can divide your work over several days. Bake the eggplants on the board (old frying pan or oven), clean them, drain them well and if you don't make them & icircn 1-2 days freeze them.
& ndash So are peppers with donuts & ndash baked, sprinkled with salt, left under the lid and thoroughly cleaned of skin and seeds. Freeze them as well if you do not prepare zacusca & icircn 1 & ndash 2 days.
& ndash Then from the tomato broth prepared for winter, set aside, in the refrigerator, 3 liters for zacusca. If you don't make broth, pass about 3 kg of tomatoes through the mincer or robot and use them & icircn zacuscă.
- After baking and cleaning the eggplant, peppers and donuts and preparing the broth or tomato juice, finely chop the onion in a food processor or meat grinder. Heat the oil well in a large cauldron, add the onion, and allow the mixture to harden periodically.
- Then after about 15 minutes add the tomato broth, mix and let it boil for another 15 minutes together. & Icircn this time you give the eggplants through the robot or the meat grinder, as well as the peppers. In another smaller cauldron or skillet, add a little oil, eggplant, peppers and let them cook for about 15 minutes. Pour the eggplant mixture & icircn the pot with onion and broth, writes voceatransilvaniei.ro.
- Mix, season with salt and when it starts to boil well, make a low heat and let it boil for 2 & ndash 3 hours, stirring periodically. Be careful to cover it a little, because it is salty and you can fry it, especially when stirring.
- As it boils, the texture, taste, color change & ndash it is very important here to have the patience to boil it more and better.
Not everyone likes zacusca, that's why Carmen Nemeth discovered a variant of sweet zacusca which seems to be good for digestion.
What I like about the recipe is that it does not leave oil on the surface and that hot peppers can be added.
Do you want a different zacusca recipe for winter? Try the recipe proposed by Carmen. Over time, she delighted us with recipes that proved to us that she is a perfect housewife!
Zacusca with mushrooms
Weights can vary depending on how much zacusca you want to make. However, the recipe is extremely simple but delicious on the way out. Spor!
Amount: 2500 g
Preparation time: 15 min / Total time: 120 min
2 medium eggplants, 3 large bell peppers, 1 large onion, 225 ml tomato juice, 60 ml oil, 200 g canned mushrooms, 2 bay leaves, salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
Bake the eggplant and peppers on the stove or in the oven. After the peppers are cooked, put them hot in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and cover (to peel more easily). Eggplants are cleaned and drained (a few hours) on a sloping bottom or in a strainer. Add the peppers and eggplant through the mincer.
Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice. Cook in 60 ml of oil until translucent. Add the chopped eggplant and peppers, tomato juice, salt, pepper and bay leaf.
If the zacusca does not have enough liquid to boil, add 100 ml of water or mushroom juice. Boil on low heat for 30 minutes, taking care to stir from time to time so as not to burn.
Add the mushrooms cut according to preference, bigger or smaller, and cook for another 45 minutes.
Taste and if it is sour, add a teaspoon or more of honey.
Hot zacusca is put in jars. They close well and put in a pot with a clean napkin or paper on the bottom (so as not to crack when boiled). Cover completely with warm water. Allow to sterilize over low heat for about an hour after the water starts to boil. Extinguish the fire and allow to cool. After they have cooled, they are placed in the pantry and eventually labeled.
- 2 kg eggplant
- 1 kg carrots
- 1 kg of roots (parsnip, parsley, celery)
- 2 kg capsicum
- 1 kg onion
- 800 gr concentrated tomato paste
- 350 ml of sunflower oil
- 2-3 bay leaves
- salt to taste
Preparation time: about 3 hours
Servings: 20 small jars of 270 gr
Zacusca recipe for yellow mushrooms
Yellow mushroom zacusca, ingredients:
- 1 kg of pepper
- 1 kg of yellow mushrooms
- 1 hot pepper
- 500 g onions
- 100 ml oil
- 1/2 liter tomato broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
Yellow mushroom zacusca, preparation:
Bake the peppers on the stove. Bake until they turn black. Put them in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and cover with a lid. Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice. Finely chop, preferably by hand. The mushrooms are washed and diced, but not very small. Finely chop the onion and fry in oil. Leave to harden for about 10 minutes and then add the mushrooms and leave for 25 minutes, until well reduced.
Add the chopped peppers with the juice they leave and add the bay leaves that give a wonderful aroma & icircn mushroom zacusca
After 10-15 minutes, add the broth and let it simmer for about 1 hour, stirring constantly to prevent it from sticking. After an hour, add the crushed garlic, hot pepper (it is not necessary to use it), salt and pepper.
It counts mushroom zacusca Sterilize jars and wrap in blankets to cool gradually.
The tastiest and fastest eggplant zacusca!
Snacks prepared for winter are hard to imagine without vegetables such as eggplant or zucchini. It can be used both as a special snack and in the preparation of sandwiches or as a side dish. To prepare this zacusca, it is important to prepare eggplant. They can be boiled, fried or baked. We recommend the recipe for zacusca recipe with ripe eggplant.
Ingredients for 6 jars of 0.5 l
- 50 ml of sunflower oil
Method of preparation
1. Wash the eggplant. Peel a squash, grate it and cut it in half. Arrange the eggplant on a baking tray. Bake the eggplant at 200 ° C for 25 minutes.
2. Peel the onion, garlic, carrot, tomatoes, chili pepper and pepper. Put the vegetables through the meat grinder. Chop the onion in a separate bowl.
3. Fry the onion in a pot of hot oil until golden. Add the rest of the vegetables and cook for 30 minutes on low heat.
4. Peel the ripe eggplants and pass them through the meat grinder. Add the eggplant to the other vegetables, sprinkle with salt and cook for another 30 minutes.
5. Fill the pre-sterilized jars with eggplant zacusca. Cover the jars with lids and turn them upside down. Cover the jars with a blanket and allow to cool.
Note: If desired, eggplant zacusca can be eaten after preparation and stored in the refrigerator.